Melkbosstrand Community App
We interviewed local business owners and residents to determine what the community wants from a community app:
Feedback included "While Facebook Groups and WhatsApp groups serve a purpose, the negativity and general commentary detracts from the purpose of the groups".
- To Support Local Business
- Improve Safety & Security in our community
- Know what's on?
- to quickly find Important Numbers
The Business owners said:
Local business owner: "I can't understand why my community isn't using me more often. I do a really good job, at an affordable price. My word of mouth referrals are great, but I need more work!"
Local resident: "I really struggle to find local service providers who want to do the job and won't cost an arm and a leg"
So we ran a social experiment to understand the pain from both sides.
Within a few hours, we received 50 Comments, recommending 24 businesses with only 3 recommendations based in Melkbosstrand!
- Local business
- Not on Facebook to see and react to Tags and mentions
- Advertising is expensive and confusing
- Businesses from other areas get to the leads first
- My community should be using us more!
- Consumer/ home owner
- I want to support local, but I don't know who the local electricians are
- I'm wary of being scammed by businesses outside of the area
- A rating system would be cool!
- Introducing the Melkbosstrand Community App - Powered by PeppaComm and Community First Network
- PeppaComm created the Atlantic Beach Estate App and are community app specialists
- Community First Network - is a network of entrepreneurs who put our community first.
Download the App and list your business in the app at no charge.